m.Carat was developed within CINTESIS, an academic research unit of Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade do Porto, in colaboration with CARAT Team and MEDIDA, Lda, by Eduardo Burnay, Tiago Jacinto and João Fonseca (Partly funded by HMSP-IDSIM/SIM/0018/2009).
m.Carat is a mobile application where patients with asthma and rhinitis can keep a log of all events related to asthma / rhinitis, including medication and health care services and get custumized access to information.
m.Carat main features:
- Perform a CARAT questionnaire (Control of Allergic Rhinitis and Asthma Test) to quantify the degree of control of asthma and allergic rhinitis
- Syncronize with caratnetwork.org
- Add your asthma / rhinitis medication and record medication use
- Set alarms to remind you when to take medications and other tasks such as medical appointments
- Keep a record of your symptoms, attacks, pulmunary tests values and visits to hospital/doctor
- Create tasks related with asthma / rhinitis such as medical appointments
- Custumized access to information about asthma / rhinitis